What is Childcare allowance?

You can apply for childcare allowance with the tax authorities if you are planning to make use of our childcare or After-School Care programmes. Childcare allowance is a governmental contribution that is determined by your combined gross income and the number of children within your family in day care. Other relevant factors in determining your allowance include the cost of day care or After-School Care, and the number of hours that parents/guardians work.

Am I entitled to receive childcare allowance?

The following conditions apply for receiving childcare allowance:
  • The children reside and are registered at your living address.
  • The childcare costs are paid by the recipient of the allowance (you the parent/guardian or your partner).
  • Both you and your partner work, or receive benefits from the municipality or the Dutch Employee Insurance Agency (UWV) on the basis of the Childcare Act.
To find out whether you are entitled to childcare allowance and how much you can receive, you can consult: www.belastingdienst.nl/rekenhulpen/toeslagen.

Why does CompaNanny need our Citizen Service Numbers (BSNs)?

Childcare organisations are legally entitled, and even obliged, to have the Citizen Service Numbers (BSN) of parents/guardians and their child(ren). The BSN is needed, for example, for the annual submission of childcare data to the tax authorities. Without your BSN, the tax authorities have no record of your childcare information and could reclaim your childcare allowance if you are investigated.

How can I calculate how much childcare allowance I will receive?

You can fill in the details for your specific situation at www.belastingdienst.nl/rekenhulpen/toeslagen for a trial calculation. 


Can my childcare allowance be transferred directly to CompaNanny?

You can arrange for the tax authority to transfer your childcare allowance directly to CompaNanny by logging in to www.toeslagen.nl using your DigiD. This page is only available in Dutch. Under the heading 'wijzigingen doorgeven – kinderen' you should choose the option: 'Ik wil de kinderopvangtoeslag aan de kinderopvang laten uitbetalen.' You will need the National Childcare Register (LRK) number of the relevant CompaNanny branch, which can be found on our website and in your contract. It will take six to eight weeks for the tax authorities to implement this change, so in the meantime be aware that you will be responsible for paying CompaNanny the full amount. As soon as we receive the first allowance, we will adjust your invoice accordingly. 

    020-4170117         info@compananny.nl